If you’re looking for something fun to do with your Crested Gecko, you’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best ways to keep your gecko entertained. From playing games to watching TV, we have you covered. So read on and learn how to make your Crested Gecko happy.
Crested geckos are a popular type of pet lizard that is known for being easy to care for and tame. These friendly reptiles make great pets for both children and adults, and they can live for up to 20 years with proper care. If you’re thinking about getting a crested gecko, here are 10 fun things you can do with your new pet:
1. Teach it to come when called. Like all lizards, crested geckos are quite independent creatures. However, with a little patience and effort, you can teach your gecko to respond to its name and come when called. This trick is especially useful when it’s time to put your pet back in its enclosure.
2. Take it for walks. Unlike most other lizards, crested geckos enjoy being handled and will even walk on a leash. Leash-training your gecko is a great way to let it explore the world outside its cage while keeping it safe from predators.
3. Play fetch. Geckos are naturally curious creatures, which means they love to play games. One simple game you can play with your gecko is fetch. Just toss a small toy or piece of food across the room and watch your pet run after it.
4. Have a photoshoot. Thanks to their cute faces and unique color patterns, crested geckos make great subjects for photos. So why not set up a little photo shoot with your pet? You can even dress them up in costumes or props for some extra fun.
5. Go for a swim. While most lizards avoid water, crested geckos actually enjoy taking a dip from time to time. Just be sure to fill the bathtub with warm water and supervise your pet at all times to prevent any accidents.
6. Train it to do tricks. With a little patience and some tasty rewards, you can train your crested gecko to do all sorts of fun tricks. Some popular tricks include waving, shaking hands, and playing dead.
7. Give it a massage. Like all reptiles, crested geckos need to shed their skin from time to time. Help your pet out by giving it a gentle massage during its shedding process. This will not only help your gecko shed its skin but also feel relaxed and pampered.
8. Make homemade toys. Geckos are easily entertained, which means they don’t need expensive toys to have fun. Instead, you can make your own DIY toys using things like toilet paper rolls and cardboard boxes.
9. Set up an obstacle course. Geckos are natural climbers, so setting up an obstacle course is a great way to keep them active and entertained. Just be sure to create the course using safe materials that won’t harm your pet if it falls.
10. Give it a bath. While most geckos don’t enjoy taking baths, some species actually benefit from regular soakings. This is especially true for leopard geckos, which need to bathe in order to shed their skin properly. Just be sure to use warm water and supervise your pet at all times.
Crested geckos are a fun and unique type of pet that can provide you with years of enjoyment. So if you’re thinking about getting one, be sure to consider all of the great things you can do with your new pet. From playing games to taking baths, there are plenty of ways to keep your crested gecko happy and healthy.